Your Privacy Rights
What Information Does Jim's Formal Wear Collect?
Personal Information we may collect from you includes:
- Mailing / Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Event Date
- Event Type
- Event Location
- Geographic Location
- Solely with respect to the JFW Connect Measurement App and the JFW Measure Measurement App, photographs and/or videos of your body taken by you (“Personal Photos”) and submitted through the JFW Connect Measurement App and the JFW Measure Measurement App
- Other personal information volunteered by visitors during registration processes
Non-Personal Information may also be recorded about our users and collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. Some examples of this are as follows:
- IP Address
- Geographic Location
- “Cookie" Information
- The website address, if any, that linked you to our Website
- The website address, if any, you leave our website to travel to
- Other anonymous site usage data
How Does JFW Collect Information?
We are constantly trying to make the formalwear experience the best possible. In order to provide the Services, improve upon, or offer additional product or service offerings, we may collect information in the following ways:
Information We Collect Directly From You
- Communications You Initiate with Us: If you contact us by phone, email, live chat, Contact Us form, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference to help improve our Services to you.
- Information you provide by filing out forms or registering an account on our Website or Apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website and Apps, subscribing to or ordering any Services, posting material and/or user contributions, or requesting further services or assistance.
- Information uploaded by you through the Services. You provide Personal Photos as requested and described within our Services located on the JFW Connect Measurement App or the JFW Measure Measurement App; you control how and when the Personal Photos are taken and uploaded to the JFW Connect Measurement App or the JFW Measure Measurement App. You agree that any photograph or video you provide shall not be pornographic, lewd or otherwise likely offensive, in JFW’s sole discretion, and we reserve the right to refuse access to our Services to any user who provides such photographs or videos.
Communications You Initiate with Us
When we send you emails, we may track whether or not you open them, so we can determine the best ways to peak your interest. If you provide us with your mobile phone number and consent to receive text messages from us, we may contact you via text message to offer you special promotions. Please be aware that separate terms and conditions exist here and standard messaging rates will apply. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply click 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email message.
Third Party Services
Our Website may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties to help you in your planning process. Some parts of our Services can be linked to other web-based accounts you have with third parties such as your Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter account (“Third Party Services"). If you link to Third Party Services from our Services, we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Service. We will only be able to collect the information if you've authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you've made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Service, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Services. One thing we will never store is your Third Party Services password.
Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Website and Apps, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, "cookie" information, usage and log information, and the page you requested.
- Other technologies such as “log files,” "pixel tags" or "web beacons". When you access our Website and Apps, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise).In addition, pages of our Website, Apps and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How Does JFW Use the Information We Collect?
We use information that we collect from and/or about you, including Personal Information to perform Services for you, to pursue our legitimate interests, and for other purposes, including:
- To provide our Services and their content to you and allow you to review our services, create an account or profile or register for services on the Website and Apps.
- Part of our Services offered through the JFW Connect Measurement App or the JFW Measure Measurement App involves collecting, storing, processing and otherwise using of Personal Photos uploaded by you. JFW uses and processes Personal Photos to calculate various measurements relating to certain features of your body to determine your size in clothing and accessories offered through the Services. The Personal Photos will be processed by our internal fitting team and your resulting sizes will be associated with your account on the Website and/or JFW Connect Measurement App or the JFW Measure Measurement App.
- We may also use Personal Information to communicate with you about new offers, features, products or services or to improve the services that we offer.
- To provide you with customer support and communication, and notices about your account, which may include expiration and renewal notices.
- For analytical purposes, which may include generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Services for operational and/or security purposes, measurement of effectiveness of our marketing activities, performance improvements, research, testing and other business purposes.
- To develop and improve our Services.
- To conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Website and to provide other personalized content based upon the Services we provide to you to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our Services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent, including without limitation, through requests made by you or use of built-in convenience features of the Services we provide to you.
- To send you marketing information, service recommendations and other non-transactional communications about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our Services, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent, including without limitation, through requests made by you or use of built-in convenience features of the Services we provide to you.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Services, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How Do WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- To third parties for the purpose for which you provide it. JFW is a wholesale provider of tuxedo rentals to over 5,000 independently owned retailers nationwide. Should you request any of your Personal Information be sent to a participating JFW retailer or affiliate business, we will forward your Personal Information to the affiliate business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. For example, if you enter our contest to win five free tuxedos, and your name is randomly selected, your name, address, phone number, email, wedding date, etc. will be sent to the JFW retailer nearest your location, so that they may fulfill your free wedding tuxedos. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated business, please review all such businesses' policies.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business service providers.We may share Personal Information collected through our Services with companies that perform services on our behalf, including companies that provide website development, hosting, payment processing and billing services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of Jims Formal Wear assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Jims Formal Wear about our Website and App users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or respond to a court order or subpoena; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; or to protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others. We reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement, governmental authorities and other third parties any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be harmful or unlawful, with or without providing notice to you
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jims Formal Wear, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share Non-Personal Information collected on our Services with service providers we do business with in order to better our Services. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information such as pixel tags, web beacons, or cookies as discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services, provided that such aggregated data is anonymous and cannot be linked back to any individual. We may also disclose such aggregated, anonymized information and data that does not identify you or any other individual, without restriction.
Except as we've stated above, we will notify you before we share your Personal Information with any third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your Personal Information and information stored and collected through our Services for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. When your information is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purpose or to fulfill a legal or business requirement, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to securely dispose of and destroy your information collected through the Services.
With respect to the JFW Connect Measurement App or the JFW Measure Measurement App, after you submit Personal Photos for measurement, we make every effort to delete Personal Photos in a timely manner. However, we cannot guarantee that such deletion will occur within one year (365 days) of submission. In addition, as for any similar digital information, there may be ways to access photographs while still in temporary storage or, forensically, even after they are deleted.
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Information will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such Information.
Is My Information Secure?
We take your privacy seriously. Therefore we take several security measures to help keep your Personal Information safe including procedural and technological measures. However, there is no perfect security that is impenetrable from hackers. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information that we collect. In the event of such a security breach involving Personal Information, JFW will, in compliance with any applicable federal and state data breach laws, endeavor to timely notify all users whose Personal Information JFW knows or has clear reason to believe was accessed by an unauthorized person.
How Do I Opt Out?
When you use our Services, we work to provide you the ability to access, review, correct, edit, or remove your Personal Information and related content that you have provided to us. If you have created an account, you can do this by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at Jim's Formal Wear, 804 East Broadway, Trenton, IL 62293, to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Please include your name and any other identifiable information necessary, so that we may locate your information. Under certain privacy laws you may have a right to access your Personal Information that we hold about you, however, your rights to access your Personal Information are not absolute. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. In addition, we may not accommodate a request to access or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct Personal Information, we shall explain why. For your information, removal of your Personal Information may impact our ability to provide you or your ability to use our Services.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at write to us at Jim's Formal Wear, 804 East Broadway, Trenton, IL 62293. Please include your name and any other identifiable information necessary, so that we might locate your information. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions or simply click unsubscribe at the bottom of the notification. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the JFW as a result of a product purchase or rentals, product service experience or other customer related transactions. Any opt-outs with respect to text communication shall be governed by our Text Terms and Conditions.
Other Privacy Concerns
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Our Services are not directed to children or designed to attract them. You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information about users that are under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and prevent the user from further using our Services.
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California residents who have profiles on our Services and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the our Websites.
Monitoring and Enforcement
In accordance with applicable laws, you may request access and raise concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information processed by us with by contacting us: by email at email@example.com or by phone at (866) 783-5767.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Last Update: August 19, 2019.